Powermax 185 problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Powermax 185 boiler which is about 8 years old and has caused continuous problems. By now I wouldnt be surprised if every part within it hasnt been replaced at some stage, but it is still causing problems

Currently it keeps cutting out after periods of time. The PCB has been recently replaced. It has been flushed. Now the engineer is saying that the problem is down to the Flue. They don't handle flues and recommend I get a new boiler.

Wondering if anyone could help.

How would it be linked to the flue?
If it is the flue, what are my options and how would a new boiler help? wouldn't I just have the same problems with a new boiler?
Has anyone encountered similar problems and what was their solution?
Does anyone know a good engineer in the SW London area who could assist with this particular problem?

thanks

Sponsored Links
firstly these boilers need a powermax expert to work on them. They can be very dangerous in the wrong hands :eek:

Secondly you have not posted any description of the fault/problem that you are having :rolleyes:

I always recommend calling in Heat Team for repairs on these boilers.

Anything is repairable but is it cost efficient.

Only you can decide that one ;)

Be careful what you wish for!
In many situations, there are very few viable alternatives!
(In fact, if you're in an apartment with a long distance from the boiler to an outside wall and the flues are in a ceiling void, putting in anything different could be VERY disruptive.)

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if the PCB was changed when it was not the real fault!

I hope you did not pay for a part which was not needed.

As stated, you need a competent engineer. Unless you can find one then the HeatTeam may be your only option.

An annual maintenance contract would have been a good investment!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back