PR Lights always on with main on off lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi chaps,

can I leave the pr lights to always on but still have it on main outside lights that I want to switch on and off? or does it need its own switch? so 1 switch for on off main lights outside, and anotherfor the PR, I want to be able to switch lights around house on and off but for security leave the PR always on, I think I know the asnwer both on seperate switches?

Thx

Sponsored Links
Having the PIR on the lighting circuit doesn't mean they all go on or off at the same time. Connect them to the power and switch in parallel like any other lights on a radial lighting circuit.

Blup

Thats what I dont understand, I have a kitchen switch that goes into a junction box on wall, I have cable going from that to the lights around house I want to control and another cable going to the PR lights, when I click on all are on, when I click off all are off and the PR wont fire up as the main switch is off. I can unscrew bulb from main house light and leave on and that is ok as the switch is still on but thats crazy, is there a way to wire the junction box that goes to the PR to keep on even if switch is off?

if all of the lights run on the same circuit then, yeah you are stuffed. That said the garden light might be seperable at the light switch, if so add and extra gang switch

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back