pre painting preparation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I currently have wallpaper on the wall and am going to strip that off and make good the wall and then paint. The wall is in pretty good condition for its age (the house is early 1900s). In other rooms I've done this quite successfully but the plaster when you are repairing the cracks in the wall and sanding pre-painting or when putting in, say, picture hooks the surface of the wall can be quite feeble and flakey and kind of 'dusty' and slightly crumbly if sanded too hard.

I was wondering, once I have got the wallpaper off and fixed the cracks (other walls in the house are remarkably in good condition and need siome general filling and a light skim here and there), is there something I can slap on the wall pre-painting that kind of 'binds' the plaster. Not sure if bind is the right word, but can't think of anything else.

Advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back