Premier 24 Polymer and Odyssey 3 Sounder Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I hope someone can help me here, have found out recently (new house) that the sounder box on my house wasn't even wired. Have a Premier 24 polymer unit. Brought an Odyssey 3 sounder and wired it up, 5 wires, connected both ends and matched up as per the diagram in the manual. Sounder is set to SAB. With the battery disconnected on the sounder, I apply power to the panel, left LED flashes on the sounder as expected. I change the jumper to connect the battery on the sounder and place the lid on. Both LEDs flash alternately fast as expected, then after about 5 seconds this stops and just the right LED flashes fast.
Have checked the voltage from the panel prior to and after this event and it drops from 13v ish to 1v, and a Bell LED on the panel illuminates.
The fast flashing right LED suggests power? which would be correct but why would it only trigger that after activating the tamper on sounder.
I have run a second cable just in case and still have the same issue so believe I can eliminate wiring.
Any ideas please as am getting fit running up and down the ladder all day yesterday.
I have noticed today I have a POWER OP Fault when the lid is replaced with BELL 12V flagged.

I Hate alarms...
Thanks if you can help

Nick

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the power is been pulled down on your panel as it has no fuses, just poly switches,first try it with bellbox battery off and see if it still happens.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back