Texecom odyssey sounding constantly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a texecom premier elite and a odyssey xb, today i had the power off to unit and had also disconnected the battery for around a hour, when i put it back on the external sounder is now sounding constantly, i have checked all the wiring even belled it all through to check there are no breaks in it, it is not showing a fault on the panel, the only way to stop it (apart from disconnecting power to sounder) is to open the flap on the front of sounder, but as soon as you close it the sounder goes off again,
i have even tried reloading default settings on the main panel but no sucess,
the alarm is only 12 - 18 month old and the battery is ok, tested it and its reading 13V

anyone any ideas?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Not a good idea reloading the default settings .....what happens if you disconnect the bell trip to the bell box ( leave 12v - and + connected ) ?

Tried disconnecting Bell then tamper, neither made any difference,

Reloading default was last resort as I thought it may have got screwed up with having power and battery disconnected

Well, did you?
................what happens if you disconnect the bell trip to the bell box ( leave 12v - and + connected ) ?
Of course you didn't.

Why come here and ask a question to help you solve your problem, then ignore the answer and do something that was going to be of no help whatsoever?

By the way, as sparkmarka asked -
Not a good idea reloading the default settings .....what happens if you disconnect the bell trip to the bell box ( leave 12v - and + connected ) ?

Goodluck, I'm going down the pub.

Sponsored Links
Well, did you?

Of course you didn't.

Why come here and ask a question to help you solve your problem, then ignore the answer and do something that was going to be of no help whatsoever?

By the way, as sparkmarka asked -

Goodluck, I'm going down the pub.

?? I said previously I tried disconnecting the bell wire and it did nothing it continued sounding, I was just pointing out I also tried the tamper wire as well

Enjoy your pint

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back