Prep pipes for shower advice, please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m DIY replacing my bathroom and want some advice as to what
I should do regarding the shower, which will be over the bath.

Since moving in 3 years ago, we have only used the shower downstairs as the main bathroom mixer shower is pressure less. It may be down to the setup or a old faulty mixer shower, I’m not sure.
The mixer is backing straight onto the airing cupboard and the hot feed is Coming straight off the top on the hot water tank, slightly down hill with a total run of less than 1m.
The mixer cold feed is straight from the water tank above it in the loft, 1m drop. The shower head is higher than the top of the hot water tank and I have good pressure everywhere else in the house.

so when replacing the bath and plaster I want to either add a shower or at least prep for one that’s suitable.

next year, we will be having an extension and will be getting a new boiler at the same time. Probably a combi which will go in the airing cupboard nex to the bathroom.

Can anyone recommend a shower that I can put in now and then will either suit a combi or is easy adapted for one? I can Tee off the bath taps if that helps?

Thanks for your help!

Sponsored Links
Any thermostatic shower will work with a combi . Your existing gravity fed plumbing system will always have poor pressure to the upstairs bathroom no matter what shower you attach to it .

If you put in a bar shower that will be suitable for a combi, it will probably need a pump to provide enough pressure for a decent shower until the boiler is changed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back