Preserving windows over winter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm new to the forum (first post) so I'll just introduce myself quickly. My name's James, I'm not a professional builder but I do a lot of work on my own house (Victorian semi, full of the usual problems) and some for family and friends.

This summer I've been restoring all of my windows using the Repaircare system (which I highly recommend to anyone who hasn't used it). They've got quite a lot of rot in places so I've been completely stripping them back, filling, splicing, painting and re-puttying. Unfortunately, there are a lot of windows and I haven't managed to get them all done. Now it's getting wetter and colder I doubt I'll be able to do any more until the winter is over. What I'd like to know is if there is any method of protecting my un-repaired windows from rotting much more over the winter. At the moment they're all fixable but I don't want them to rot loads more before I can do them. I was thinking about dousing them all in wood preserver but I'm not sure how this would work. Any ideas?

Thanks,
James

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back