Pressure Dropping, leaking into condensate trap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

WE just come to fire up out combi boiler due to the cold weather. Everything was ok but the pressure suddenly dropped with lots of water flowing out through the condensate trap.

Now whenever I test it the water pressure drops pretty much straight away and I get a flame failure. All the water seems to flow out the condensate trap straight away.

Is this a "get a man" in problem or something obvious I could fix myself? The rads have all been bled and seem ok.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Sorry - I dont mean its dripping into there, I realise thats what its supposed to do. I mean the pressure is dropping within 10-15 secondsm of being topped up and water is gushing out through the condensate trap.

Chances are from how you describe the fault, you may be up for a new heat exchanger. Call a man in. What's your boiler make and model?

Its a Combi 24HE, not sure if thats specific enough. Was installed by the last guy who owned the house about 6 years ago I think.

Nope Nottingham. Have had someone out to it each winter and its cost us £150+ each time. Last year it was the condensate trap which was cracked where it attached the the waste pipe. Im sure that guy fiddled us on price too... First time ive looked at the condensate trap since he fitted it and its cracked too at the top...

seems a little drastic? other people have suggested it might be the pressure release valve. guess i need to get someone to have a look at it either way. now to find a reputable plumber in my area...

prv pipe is not linked to condes trap
it linked t the copper pipe out side
not the plastic pipe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back