Condensate Trap leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've just moved into a house with a Ferroli F24 combi boiler. Everything seems to work ok but there is a leak on the condensate trap. It's coming from between the main body of the trap and the bowl hangs underneath that's held up by a plastic threaded sleeve like you find on waste traps. Is there supposed to be an o ring or washer between the body and the bowl? There isn't one on this and the bowl just kinda hangs there and rattles round.

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
You need to get a Gas Safe boiler engineer to take a look it is possible that the fitting is leaking products of combustion into the room, as any fittings upstream of the trap will pass flue gasses (including Carbon Monoxide) if not 100% tight! in the mean time I would switch the boiler off! ;)

i wouldnt worry its a ferroli sooner or later it will switch itself off. I dont think they work for long enough to become dangerous

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back