What are my options for a shallow sink trap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
in the bathroom, I'll have a bowl sink sat on a piece of kitchen worktop, so 40mm thick. Under that there'll be a set of shelves. The waste pipe is in the wall. I'm looking for a trap that won't take up a large amount of space underneath, because it's a shelf rather than a cupboard (I don't mind having a bit of wood hanging down to hide the pipe work)

Just wondering if anyone does a slim profile trap for sinks like the ones I've seen for showers (they have a rubber valve in instead of a water loop) that are about 50mm high...

Would one of these http://www.screwfix.com/p/osma-hepvo-waste-valve-knuckle-adaptors-40mm-pack-of-10/8853k make it possible to use a HepVo? It's a pricey option I guess but would a slim trap be any different?

Thanks guys

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
That's exactly what the connector is for, to connect to a HEPvO trap and minimise the use of under sink/basin space. Only issue you may have is that the bowl waste would normally be 32mm so don't use a 40mm fitting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back