pressure/flow required for 3 electric showers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi im currently turning 3 large cupboards into ensuites,no problem getting water to and from rooms but not sure water pressure required for the three electric showers i want to fit, im guessing i'll need at least 3 bar,could easily fit cistern in loft and run cold to single ended pump then run to the showers from pump,is this the best way,mains pressure is 2 bar.thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
It will depend on what power rating showers you want to fit as well.

8.5 Kw will each need about 1.25 Bar WORKING cold mains pressure to work, whilst a 9-10Kw or similar will probably need at least 1.5 Bar WORKING pressure.

thanks for reply,sorry for delay with mine,could i run an independant supply for each shower from cistern in loft without the need for a pump,the cistern would be solely for the use of the showers so should supply 3 showers adequatley would have around 1.5 metres of head.thanks

Sponsored Links
3 electric showers

Are you sure your electrical supply is up to the job? Three 8kw showers would need 100 amps if all were turned on at once :eek:

If you are supplying the showers from a cold water cistern, you'll definitely need a pump, as 1.5 metres of water is approximately 0.15bar.

its my brothers house and he has got an electrician on the case so that side of it is up to him,i just need to find a way to get the water there with enough pressure to power all three,i read about a shower by mira that worked on very low pressure,if i fit a cistern in loft just to feed the three showers can anyone recommend a suitable pump?

grundfus pump for shower will
proably not work on such low feed from cistern as need atleast a bar i think but why not tee into the live feed to fov and use that to the showers
it might work and be cheeper

will the grundfos pump work teed into the mains supply and increase the flow

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back