Pressure fluctuation on combi boiler central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

This is my first post, so bear with me. I have a Valliant combi boiler anal experiencing some issues with the pressure of the central heating loop. When cold, the pressure reads as 0.5 bar (analogue dial and digital read out), which is min. pressure required for the system to start up. Once at operating temperature, the pressure rapidly rises to almost 3 bar, and no doubt exceeds the release valve. The problem is that this causes the pressure when cold to drop below the min. threshold resulting in the boiler not firing up when it's next required. This can be sorted by opening the mains feed, but of course the cycle continues, constantly requiring top ups when cold, and overshooting when hot.

What causes are there for this sensitivity to temperature? All radiators have been bled.

Any help on this would be greatly apreciated!

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply. Can you explain what you mean by this? Is this an easy fix?

Cheers!

I have just had or should i say have this problem ,first i would say look in the FAQ'S and you will see what the pressure vessel is and go from there ,unfortunatley mine seems to be no good so it needs changing but it could be fixed with a bicycle pump if your lucky

Sponsored Links
the expansion vessel cushions they increase in pressure when system gets hot, the pressure shud rise around 2 bar. if there not air charge in it the pressure will shoot up to 3 bar which will cause the pressure relief valve to open and discharge water pressure out side, which wud leave the 0.5 bar

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back