Pressure gauge for sealed system combi

T

timmyquick

Hi does any one know if there is a pressure gauge available, suitable to add to either the flow or return of my combi heating system? As its in the loft, yet the filling loop is not in the loft. Which basicly bit pointless as you still have to trek into loft to see gauge!. But for some reason the installer thought he was doing me a favor haveing the filling loop in cupbard below the loft which would be true if there was a damm gauge by it!

Sponsored Links
Hi does any one know if there is a pressure gauge available, suitable to add to either the flow or return of my combi heating system? As its in the loft, yet the filling loop is not in the loft. Which basicly bit pointless as you still have to trek into loft to see gauge!. But for some reason the installer thought he was doing me a favor haveing the filling loop in cupbard below the loft which would be true if there was a damm gauge by it!

Yes available at any good plumbers merchants. They fit via a 1/4" thread so you will need a t with 1/2" female on the branch, bushed down to 1/4".

Another alternative. Remove the filling loop, cap the outlet/inlet where it was fitted, and move the loop to the loft. Job done.

Thanks for replies think i'd rather fit the gauge as on the loop there is a 15mm pipe with a cap on it so could attach there. Plus the boiler has been installed very low ( min requirment 250mm i think ) was disapointed when i got home about it, but too late then!. Any one got any links to fitings i need to convert the gauge 1/4" treads to the 15 mm pipe?. Will ask at plumbers merchants but be nice to see what I'm in for before i start it.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You will need, as said in previous post, a 15x15x1/2" female and a 1/2"-1/4" bush.

Some gauges are available with a 1/2 male thread.

That kind of installation with no gauge at the filling loop makes me think the installer was a bit of a numpty.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back