Pressure gauge problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys,I'm new here and want to pick your expert brains. I've refurbed my old Vokera 80SP's hydraulics (diaphragms etc) but when I was pressurising the system the pressure gauge never lifted off zero.I bled all the radiators and gave it one last gentle skoosh to see if it would do the trick but no. All I succeeded in doing was to blow the PRV. I drained the system down and removed the pressure gauge prior to ordering a new one. I cleaned off the sender end and blew into it. To my surprise the needle kicked a bit.So if I can make it move with lung power has it really failed? What does the sender probe actually contact in the manifold? Is it water as I can only see some sort of gray/white material when I look in with a torch.As I say I've got a new gauge coming but I'm wondering if that's going to fix things.

Sponsored Links
unlikely to be your guage, more likely a blockage in the manifold where it connects into, leave the guage disconnected and have a container ready to catch water then add some pressure and poke with a fine screwdriver or needle till water flows freely from the manifold

Thanks for the prompt reply Ian.I'd half a mind to poke something into the manifold recess as common sense tells you it should only be water in there.I was going to wait till the new gauge arrived but I think I'll give your idea a go!

Well Ian I tried what you suggested and Voila! There was some pretty hard gunge blocking the hole and an assault with a sharp screwdriver cleared it.Pressure's at just over 1 bar and holding so many thanks. That'll be a spare pressure gauge now!:rolleyes::mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
It takes very little to block these ports as water does not actually flow there, it is just standing water and very easily blocked, glad you got it sorted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back