pressure problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a vokera excell 80sp and have recently been having problems with the pressure and temperature gauge. When the system is switched off or is on standby, the pressure gauge and temperature gauge both rise as if the system is switched on. If you open the hot water tap when this happens you hear a clunk noise from the combi boiler and both gauges go down only for them to start rising again when the tap is turned off.When you put your hand on the boiler it feels as if the water is also heating up as it quite hot. When the system is turned on for heating the pressure instead of rising slowly drops which means I have to continually open the valve and put more water in the system.Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
i had my boiler pressure rising slowly when it was off.

the problem was a leaking (only very slightly) gate valve on the filling loop. this was effectively filling the central heating system when it was already full. i emptied about 8 litres of water out of an upstairs radiator before i fugured it out.

try turning your water off for the whole house at the mains stop valve and see if your boiler pressure stops rising whilst it is switched off.

if the gate valve is new it may be that your water pressure is too high and some is seeping through. turn the mains water valve down to lower the water pressure supply to your house.

Something here smells of fish!! Now why would you want to turn off all the water to the house, WHEN YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE THE FILLING LOOP CONNECTED EXCEPT WHEN YOU'RE FILLING, ANYWAY?

A call to the manufacturers would be a better approach.

Sponsored Links
Isn't it something you do with the floss to get round your teeth?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back