Vokera Excel 80SP.......... Heat -v-Pressure Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have 9 year old Vokera Excel which seems to have developed a problem recently.

The radiator heat dial on the boiler is set at about the 3o'clock position, the water is set the same.
When the heating is in operation the pressure rises to @ 2.5 bar on the right hand pressure gauge, with the hot water on as well there is little difference to the pressure reading.

However , if I turn the radiator dial up, say to the 4 or 5 o'clock positions the right hand pressure gauge rises to / passes the red line marking 3 bar pressure.

While everything works fine at this point after the time clock swithes the system off and it has cooled down the right hand water pressure gauge drops into the red area between 0.5 and 1 bar of pressure and I have to fill the system up again to get it into the blue ( 1 to 1.5 bar)

Has anyone had similar problems or can suggest a cause /solution.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the expansion vessel needs re-pressurising or replacing.

Search FAQs on how to check this. It is well documented.

Thanks. The only thing is I'm new to the site - how do you access the FAQ section that you mentioned?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back