RE-pressurizing Vokera Excell 80SP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I noticed that the pressure gauge on the front of my boiler (Vokera Excell 80SP) is reading zero. How can I re-pressurize it?

A while ago I 'bled' my radiators and this may have caused the problem.

There is a black knob underneath the boiler but this doesn't seem to do it.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
On my Vokera system the mains "top up" is fed via a flexible pipe between the mains inlet and the heating pipe i.e. external to the boiler. There is a screw valve which is closed when the head is across the line of the pipe. If you gently turn this either way you will hear the water begin to flow into the system. It's best not to turn it the full ninety degrees or you'll pressurise your system very rapidly indeed. Keep an eye on the pressure guage and when it gets to 1 Bar turn the valve back to its original position.

Some boilers have a built in valve to let you do this but you'll have to know what to look for and where to look - if all else fails read the instructions (if you have any)!

Sorry, forgot one last bit. Yes, bleeding your radiators will release pressure from the system so you have to go through this each time you bleed them. :)

Ian

Thanks for the information - I followed your instructions and the pressure's ok now.

Cheers

Steve

Sponsored Links
When was the air pressure last checked in your expansion vessel? It has to be done with the water pressure at zero.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back