Pressure loss not normal...need help with mystery!

None quoted - it says:

SETTING THE SYSTEM DESIGN PRESSURE
The design pressure must be a min. 1 bar and max. 1.5 bar. These figures are read off the pressure gauge.

The actual reading should ideally be 1 bar + the height in metres to the highest point of the system above the base of the appliance (up to a max of 1.5 bar).
N.B.: The safety valve is set to lift a 3 bars (30 mt/42.5 psig).

MOD 2

err girls (the pair of you) BEHAVE

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
None quoted - it says:

SETTING THE SYSTEM DESIGN PRESSURE
The design pressure must be a min. 1 bar and max. 1.5 bar. These figures are read off the pressure gauge.

The actual reading should ideally be 1 bar + the height in metres to the highest point of the system above the base of the appliance (up to a max of 1.5 bar).
N.B.: The safety valve is set to lift a 3 bars (30 mt/42.5 psig).

This is hardly a spec, as you know, and is technically inadequate. Suggest you now refer to Reliance.

MOD 2 said:
err girls (the pair of you) BEHAVE

Hardly an intellectual comment is it? If we have broken some rule, please say what it is, otherwise stop trotting this puerile remark and attempting to stifle yet another debate. :D

I would like to update my instructions for repressurising expansion vessels in the light of my recent experience.

1. With the system still pressurised, let ALL the air out! See if water as well. If so, then its been leaking but if no MORE water comes out then it can probably re reused.

2. Depressurise the water side AND LEAVE OPEN !

3. Pump up air to about 0.9 bar ( or about 0.6 times final pressure ).

4. Check system pressure is STILL zero. Remove air pump.

5. Pressurise system to 1.5 Bar.

6. Turn on heating and watch pressure as system warms up. Should increase by about 0.3-0.4 Bar.

Tony

This looks a bit like a thread hijack. You ought to start a new topic and explain your reasons. I don't see your justification for 1.5 bar unless you have quite a number of floors.

But hey! don't reply here, start a new topic.

Sponsored Links
My posting is totally relevant to the original poster, Mr Lil, who needs to repressurise his expansion vessel.

I dont want to explain anything because that only starts Softus up with his totally irrelevant statements. If you look at his postings most are just to add "™" after a brand name which contributes nothing.

Tony

Edit for Oilman! The system will work as well at 1.5 Bar as at 1.0 Bar. However setting to 1.5 Bar will lessen any tendency to kettling and lime deposition if the system is far from perfect ( like many I see ! ).

Furthermore, operating at 1.5 Bar gives a longer time period before the boiler will stop operating as a result of failure to top up. Thats very important for tenants! However if Softus and Oilman want to argue over this then they should start a new topic ( which I will not look at ! )

OK fair point, would you email me the reasoning?

Softus said:
Mr Lil said:
I looked outside today and saw it dripping out the relief pipe.
The pressure isn't going above 3 bar as it never gets that high.
If these two statements are both correct, then you have a faulty PRV.
Or a faulty pressure guage

Agile said:
I dont want to explain anything because that only starts Softus up with his totally irrelevant statements. If you look at his postings most are just to add "™" after a brand name which contributes nothing.
Contributes nothing eh Agile?

So how you do rate your own contribution when you said:
Softus please note that Torx is a registered trade mark and when quoted should always have the "®" added

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=457672#457672

Hm?

Softus, your post contributes nothing either. If you have a problem with Agile, (which you have had since he started posting on DIYnot) then either resolve it by email, or agree that you have different views and except for the technical content, keep it to yourself. Your responses to many posts, either Agile's or others, is unhelpful at best and is a total negative to many. How do you feel when you visit a customer and have to view their domestic discussions while waiting for them to finish? If you are right about something, just take comfort from the fact that you are right, and stop this perpetual carping, it does nothing for peoples comfort when they are looking for advice, and it makes you look like joe-90.

I am not Agile's agent before you ask your pointless question, but why post your chirlish reply to his post, and why not discuss my last point about the specification of pressure relief valves?

oilman said:
Softus, your post contributes nothing either.
I merely responded to Agile's hypocritical accusation.

I seem to remember you joining in this topic quite late on, after Agile and I had posted, so if you don't like what you're reading then you can exercise your right to not read it.

If you have a problem with Agile, (which you have had since he started posting on DIYnot) then either resolve it by email, or agree that you have different views and except for the technical content, keep it to yourself.
I don't have a problem with Agile - I find him very straightforward.

Your responses to many posts, either Agile's or others, is unhelpful at best and is a total negative to many. How do you feel when you visit a customer and have to view their domestic discussions while waiting for them to finish? If you are right about something, just take comfort from the fact that you are right, and stop this perpetual carping, it does nothing for peoples comfort when they are looking for advice, and it makes you look like joe-90.
If you have a problem with me, (which you have had since I started posting on DIYnot) then either resolve it by email, or agree that you have different views and except for the technical content, keep it to yourself.

I am not Agile's agent before you ask your pointless question, but why post your chirlish reply to his post
There was nothing churlish about it, I was pointing out to him how ridiculous his criticism was, and in my opinion it was quite whimsical. He will, of course, ignore it, and I don't know why you're not capable of doing the same.

...and why not discuss my last point about the specification of pressure relief valves?
I'd have thought the answer to that was obvious, even to you - MOD 2 issue two warnings of the topic being deleted, and I've discovered that when he's in that mode there's no point in continuing with the argument that he objected to, so please feel free to start a new topic with the express purpose of picking holes in my statement regarding the 3.0 bar limit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back