Pressure on a combo system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What should be the pressure (as measured on the inbuilt garage on boiler) on a combo boiler when heating is not turned on please?

secondly, I’ve got a wet patch near a radiator. This may be coming from the rad or the pipe that is travelling to it. If it is not leaking constantly, is it advisable to over-pressure the system to help identify the leak? If yes, what level do you suggest?

thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
What should be the pressure (as measured on the inbuilt garage on boiler) on a combo boiler when heating is not turned on please?

secondly, I’ve got a wet patch near a radiator. This may be coming from the rad or the pipe that is travelling to it. If it is not leaking constantly, is it advisable to over-pressure the system to help identify the leak? If yes, what level do you suggest?

thanks in advance.
I have never seen a boiler with an inbuilt garage ,can you post pics ?
Cold boiler pressure 1 bar typically.
No need to over pressure ,leak will be just as apparent.

Best tool is a dry finger around all the parts of the valve, above floor. And a torch to see any wetness on your finger.
If nuts are weeping, nip them up a bit.
If connection between tail and rad is leaking, isolate and drain rad, remove and remake with more ptfe.
If rad is leaking, replace rad.

Uncommon for leak below a floor (from pipe) to reveal itself above the floor.

Sponsored Links
I like to use blue roll, usually shows the smallest leak.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back