pressure problems.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello i have read the pressure FAQ'S but i am looking for further advice.
i have a worcester bosch combi boiler.
last march i had pressure problems going really high then low.
worcester came out and replaced the board? and a couple of things, they also re pressurised the expansion vessel, things were then sorted.
i asked the engineer about the pressure gauge and he told me not to worry to much about the pressure gauge? i thought this sounded strange.
since then the pressure on the gauge has always dropped over a few weeks, and i have topped it up.
today i looked at the gauge and it had dropped by 2 bar.
is that right?
i have pressed the expansion vessel valve to see if any water came out( to detect a broken vessel) but this was ok.
any ideas folks?

Sponsored Links
the pressure on the gauge has always dropped and
today i looked at the gauge and it had dropped by 2 bar.

Should only be around 1 bar. :confused:

Get it to 1 bar and then look around for a leak which is why your pressure is going down.

i have thougth a leak the upstairs seem ok no water coming through the ceilings.
apart from trying to rip up the floor boards is there any way i can detect a leak with the down stairs rads???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back