Pressure Refill Issue - WOrcester Bosch 24i

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So removed a radiator to paint behind it, put it back on and bled the whole system. I then checked the combi boiler, a Worcester Bosch 28i and the 'bar' pressure was reading just over zero. I must admit i have never checked it before rad removal so god knows what it was reading before the radiator removal.

Anyway the problem is i know how to re fill/pressure the boiler but its just not working, turning the refill taps makes the noise as if its trying to refill and then it goes quiet. The gauge also does not shift to show any pressuring of the system. Its the two black taps by the braided flexi hose that i am turning yet the gauge just sits and does not rise at all.

The heating, and hot water work fine oddly.......

Any ideas why its not refilling?

Sponsored Links
I know it sounds silly, but have you tried flicking the gauge with your finger? They do get stuck at times! ;)

yeah thought the same but nope lol..... its working so should i be bothered at this stage? Or let it be?

I still have one bedroom radiator to remove and it sounds like a loads of metal filings are in it on initial start up of CH.

Just annoying that the refill is not filling lol

doesnt take much crap to block the pressure gauge tube.youv proberbly filled up to your max mains pressure, but not enough to kick the prv in.

Sponsored Links
Chances are the gauge is blocked because the system is full of muck, flushing would be the next step

Not been able to do much today as work busy but came home tonight to find the pressure is now sat around 1 bar??????? Odd as it was 0.5 bar last look so its sort of gone up by itself. I did retry to see if i could hear the water gushing in when i turn the two taps by the braided hose yet its dead silent as if the water is not being allowed into raise the pressure/no movement on gauge when valves open either.

I tested the valves by removing the braided hose and sure enough water gushed out when i turned the valve so god knows, all i know is that its now at the right ish level but why no water or sound when i try to refill is ????

one things for sure if you keep toping up with fresh water. it will definetly get worse ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back