System boiler pressure to high

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The pressure on my boiler was very low, so I refilled it from the filling loop. But I let too much water in and now the pressure guage is reading 2+ bar when all the rads are running.
Can I simply bleed a radiator and let some of the water out? Or is it more complicated than that...
It's a Worcester/Bosch system boiler.

Sponsored Links
The pressure on my boiler was very low, so I refilled it from the filling loop. But I let too much water in and now the pressure guage is reading 2+ bar when all the rads are running.
Can I simply bleed a radiator and let some of the water out? Or is it more complicated than that...
It's a Worcester/Bosch system boiler.
I don't see why not. But if it's the type with a detachable flexible filling hose you could undo the mains end and carefully open the other valve to bleed into a bucket. Saves risking water on the carpets.

I don't see why not. But if it's the type with a detachable flexible filling hose you could undo the mains end and carefully open the other valve to bleed into a bucket. Saves risking water on the carpets.
Fortunately, we have hard flooring downstairs.
Think I will open a bleed valve into a large measuring jug and remove a litre at a time to see how the pressure drops.
Thanks for the reply, at least I know I'm not making the problem worse!

Fortunately, we have hard flooring downstairs.
Think I will open a bleed valve into a large measuring jug and remove a litre at a time to see how the pressure drops.
Thanks for the reply, at least I know I'm not making the problem worse!
OK, but just thought of something else. Using my suggestion you can watch the pressure gauge while you're doing it.
Perhaps experts will disagree, but 1 litre seems rather a lot.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
with the system cold , bleed a rad into a pot till the pressure is anywhere between 1.0 and 1.5 Bar

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back