Radiators do not get hot at the top

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have Worcester combi boiler and am finding that my radiators do not get evenly hot throughout. They are either luke warm at the top or the side. I have tried bleeding them, but no air comes out.

The pressure guage on my boiler is broken.

I have filled it with water, but am not sure how much to let it fill and not sure what the consequences would be if the pressure increases too high.

Is it the pressure which is causing the radiators to be unevenly heated?

thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
daisygal168 said:
Is it the pressure which is causing the radiators to be unevenly heated?
No. It's the crud.

How long lived there?

Age of system?

Any inhibitor in it?

Most recent work done?

Any other problems with the system?

thanks both!
I have just filled up the water in the boiler to a count of thirty seconds and have managed to bleed all radiators till water came out- which was perfectly clean.
Now to the pressure guage... Can I fit this myself, or any idea how much it would cost to get this fixed?
thanks

Sponsored Links
thanks both!
I have just filled up the water in the boiler to a count of thirty seconds and have managed to bleed all radiators till water came out- which was perfectly clean.
Now to the pressure guage... Can I fit this myself, or any idea how much it would cost to get this fixed?
thanks

You can change the pressure guage yourself its easy.
Which model Worcester do you have.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back