Radiator cold spot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have radiators throughout the house except the kitchen, all radiators are working except the bathroom and one of the bedrooms i have tried bleeding the bedrooms there is no trapped air and after filling full a bucket of tepid water i have given up this has been a problem for the past twelve months and had worked when we moved in the piping to the radiator is only slightly warm and on lifting the boards am seeing two pipes one red hot the other leading to the radiator luke warm.

the hot water is fine please has anyone got any suggestions :(

Sponsored Links
take the radiator off and take it into the garden and put a hose pipe on it and watch the sludge come out

Thanks for a quick reply

am planning on taking the radiator off this weekend and replacing it with new.

i'm guessing the bedroom radiator is past it's best and have already removed the the bathrooms and tapped it off.

i'm also guessing that the two pipes under the floor one is for the two front radiators which are red hot and the other mildly warm is for the back but is there a chance there is a blockage in the pipe before it gets to the radiator and what could be causing that and is this a big fix.

cheers :D

i am not a plumber or heating engineer, but one pipe is for flow and the other is for return.

why not "flush" the rad you have tken off and see how much "muck" you get out of it

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back