pressure Relief Valve change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everybody I have a boiler question I'd love help with if possible?

My pressure relief valve is dripping, constantly, and I need to replace it.

My concern is if I shut off the boiler isdolation valves, when I re open them I will get a leak which will be bad!

Is there any good way to replace this valve - or should I just drain the system via the faulty pressure relief valve until the flow stops and the system is drained enough?

Thanks in advance

Neil

Sponsored Links
While your systems drained pump up the expansion vessel to 0.8 bar or what the mi's say pressure should be

Is there any good way to replace this valve - or should I just drain the system via the faulty pressure relief valve until the flow stops and the system is drained enough?

Do exactly that. What is the make & model of your boiler?

Mr. W.

Sponsored Links
Some PRV's can be bu@@er to change. Yours is pizz easy though. Remember to check the Expansion Vessel's pre-charge pressure with the old PRV removed. - as lightning has already said.

Mr. W.

thanks for your help

would you advise any compound or ptfe tape or new washer when fitting new one?

are some fiddly to get access to then?..

also, any good spanner (size etc) to access and undo the nut as it's at the back a bit!... or will a normal wrench do? cheers for your help I really appreciate it all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back