Pressure relief valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys
Need a quick bit of help, there is water coming from the pressure relief pipe that runs from our hot water cylinder. The water is running down the outside wall but coming in through a crack and making a right old mess. how can I stop this until a plumber can get out to me?
Thanks
Rob

Sponsored Links
06CEF8B6-8500-479F-84BA-07312145501B.png C0FD4514-CD82-4673-B6E9-6357EF9DC48C.png
This pipe ends up through the wall to the outside

1. Turn off the water heating, boiler / immersion etc. Don't turn on again until issue is fixed.
2. Turn off the cold water supply to the hot water cylinder.
3. Run some hot off from a downstairs tap.

Sponsored Links
It is not the PRV that is causing that damage, the crack runs all the way higher than the outlet, that is another problem

just disconnect the tundish and run it into a bucket till you can get someone out

Disconnect the top or bottom nut, whichever has more room for manoeuvre.

just undo a compression nut somewhere on the run , where it is easiest to put a bucket or bin or something below, it has been doing it for a long time so how come you are suddenly now worried about it

just undo a compression nut somewhere on the run , where it is easiest to put a bucket or bin or something below, it has been doing it for a long time so how come you are suddenly now worried about it

what makes you think that it’s been doing it for a long time? We have only just noticed it as the water is coming back in through the crack and ending up inside the house.
got a plumber coming out in an hour. Thanks for your responses

For future ref I would have stuck the end of a hosepipe over the discharge pipe to guide it down to floor level.

The current one doesn't meet regs anyway....

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back