Pressure rising hot water on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my Main Combi pressure goes into red when using hot water. I was told today that expansion vessel may be blocked as i had a new boiler fitted onto old rads. I just hoped id get some idea if that could be the fault.

Sponsored Links
What does pressure rise to when central heating is running ?

It doesnt it stays under 2 just rises from 1.5 but thats just normal expansion isnt it?.
thanks for replying cheers Terry

Go around all your radiators and bleed them of air. If lots of air comes out top up pressure to 1 bar . Then see what effect this has on pressure . Your EV is suspect.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Terry no air out of rads so you thinking expansion ?. I was pricedjust 5 min ago on powerflush and clean EV £480. I said "ok but guarantee it will be fixed" "we cant guarantee that" so basically its £480 to flush the system and maybe im wrong but flush clean vessel ? it wont will it ?.I have got to get it fixed but not pay for jobs that arent going too sort it.

your expansion vessel only comes into the equation when the heating is operating, running HW only will not effect the expansion of the system water, if everything is working properly, power flush most definately not the answer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back