Pressure vessel sizing ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am fitting a new Keston C55 boiler to an existing system that is open vented but customer want to remove the expansion tank and turn system to a sealed system.
The house has six double bedrooms and a snooker room,3 reception rooms and a massive kitchen, i have counted the rads and there is 27 of them mostly doubles.
I know its difficult to know the amount of water in the system but can anyone help with calculating the vessel size needed,the primaries to the system are 35mm and the 2 heating circuits are run in 28mm.
can anyone help ????

Sponsored Links
I would have thought the Keston manual will give a table of different calculations for different sized systems.

But then it is a Keston :eek:

gas installer monthly had all the info on expansion vessel sizes about 2-3 months ago im sure

Sponsored Links
10% of the system volume, rads you can get of the manufactures charts, pipe volumes can be worked out if you get a rough length/size

As a guide 50-60 Ltrs expansion vessel will be close.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back