Pressure Washing Patio Slabs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First of, apologies for this very dumb question but amazingly no one seems to address it anywhere I've looked and google fails me as well.

Long story short, I've been cleaning the patio slabs in the back garden having just moved in with the GF whilst she is away. The sheer amount of mudd and crudd that come of them is astounding. Unfortunately, because the like so many things here, the previous owners cut corners everywhere. The patio isnt leveled properly and where you would want drainage to carry water away, they cemented instead. So basically every time I get the pressure washer out instead being able to flush the crudd away it instead pools at a base of a non drained retaining wall.

I dont suppose anyone can recommend a faster way to remove all the mud from the base of the wall other than waiting for it to dry, scraping it up then rinsing and repeat?

Like i said, its a dumb question but trying googling it. It's like all the gunk just gets taken away by the magical gunk fairy during the night!

(Yes I know drainage needs added to that retaining wall, I've got that on my todo list but that isnt getting done by the time she gets back!)

Sponsored Links
Leave a hose running and sweep with a yard broom, you won't get it all out but it will be a start.

You can get rubber floor squeegees but probably not worth buying one just for this

Sponsored Links
Work as much as you can with the washer to wash the grim away from the wall... Start closest to the wall and work away. After washing use a stiff broom and brush the water and grime in the direction where you want it to go. It might take a little effort but keep it up and you'll have to do it less and less in future.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back