Price of a small load of ready mixed concrete?

Sponsored Links
You'd need to hire a mixer, unless you have a strong wife.

Also, look at the mix-and-barrow companies.

£200?

For a small load you have delivery costs, you also have to factor in the cost of the guy waiting whilst you and possibly two other people wheelbarrow the concrete in. In my limited experience, they will provide two wheelbarrows. If you have to walk it 15(?)m, the guy on the truck will have to sit there waiting for you to come back for a top up. Someone has to pay for his time.

Hiring a cement mixer will be cheaper but you have to factor the other costs in.

Sponsored Links
Are you sure? can one person and a mixer get that done in a day?
2.3 tonne of ballast and 11 bags of cement by my reckoning
Have done it on numerous occasions , it works out at 10 - 12 mixes per ton, 10mins a mix.
Get yourself organized with half a dozen builders buckets, a dustbin full of water to bucket it out of , a hose is useless for fast mixing, and get through mix aggregate

Have done it on numerous occasions , it works out at 10 - 12 mixes per ton, 10mins a mix.
Get yourself organized with half a dozen builders buckets, a dustbin full of water to bucket it out of , a hose is useless for fast mixing, and get through mix aggregate

Thanks you'd convinced me to do it myself, £200 materials, £30 mixer hire...but then.. I had one final quote come back £255 all in for concrete delivered and barrowed to where I need it. Can't argue with that :)

last year I needed scaffolding for a single lift of scaffolding on a terrace house. The guys I was hoping to use were to busy. I used Google, the first two quotes were £900. I eventually got it for £250 cash from a recommended scaffolder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back