Price of concrete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm laying a base for a garden cabin and want to lay it on concrete I'll need about 1 m3 of ready mix. What could I expect to pay for this? (Living in South Wales)

Sponsored Links
I'm laying a base for a garden cabin and want to lay it on concrete I'll need about 1 m3 of ready mix. What could I expect to pay for this? (Living in South Wales)

That is a small part of a load, you cheapest source will be one of those companies which mix on the back of the truck to order - minimix type. Or buy the ingredients and mix yourself.

Thanks for those thoughts. I'm getting some silly quotes from guys who want to lay the base but add £££££££ for "Materials Cost"!

Sponsored Links
They have to make it worthwhile for them as that amount is quite small. This might not work as I'm not fully sure of their logistics, but have you thought about contacting them and asking if they ever have any left over? I over-ordered for my foundations and it was just put into a pile. The same pile might be useful to someone else if they were able to call in via their return to their base.

They have to make it worthwhile for them as that amount is quite small. This might not work as I'm not fully sure of their logistics, but have you thought about contacting them and asking if they ever have any left over? I over-ordered for my foundations and it was just put into a pile. The same pile might be useful to someone else if they were able to call in via their return to their base.

Or even concrete which is condemned? SE on major building projects test the attributes of concrete as it is delivered, if it fails the tests, they reject it, but still good for less demanding uses. It rather depends on you being available at the time and day, to be able to accept it, but....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back