Prima F30 boiler, starts with hair dryer!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fan coming on for about 10 seconds but bot firing. It was doing this for about an hour. I got a hair dryer and blew hot air over/near the PCB and the boiler started straight up.

I used the hair dryer as once the boiler is warm its works fine, silly idea i know but it worked.

Been playing up for ages, keeps doing the fan on for 10ish seconds cycle.

Another way to get it to start is to pinch the red pipe that comes from the top of the fan housing. If i blow down the red pipe i can here a click from what I think is the Air Pressure Switch?

Someone on here said the PCB, is this for sure as I have no money to waste.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
No doubt it's the PCB. Don't blow down the APS tube.

cheers, going to get one from Ebay seen one for about £45 with all postage.

Thank you.

Ps, why did it start with hair dryer?

Wet hair relays, very common. You do know that if the PCB is changed you have to do certain critical tests after?

Sponsored Links
if you have no money to waste, don't buy it from fleebay unless it comes with moneyback guarantee.

ok you got me.

One on ebay has 1 year warranty.

So will i need someone to fit for me?
What did you mean by positive isolation, turn of power at wall?

Positive Isolation. Turn or pull plug out at wall near to boiler, lick finger, touch live. No shock/death then isolated. :D

Get someone in, seriously.

I Have ordered the part, would an engineer use a supplied part?

Thought I could save some dosh!!

The main power switch is on the wall next to the boiler, or turn power off at main fuse box.

personally, i would not as you would be nagging me if things go wrong.
bear in mind that if you supply the part, any warrantee issues are between you and mr ebay, whoever fits it, is not responsible if it does not work.

You won't find out here. The tests are mandatory and not for your pinkies to touch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back