Prima LPR450 slimline dishwasher problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
2 months old prima LPR450.
Worked fine until yesterday.
CLosed door to start cycle, it made a bit of normal noise for about a minute the stopped. I waited a while, then opened the door to see what was up. Both the salt and detergent lights were on so I filled each one appropriately. Both lights then went off after a little while.
I tried a few times to restart the thing but it kept stopping about 30 to 60secs into the cycle.

I read the manual. Have tried turning off on the machine and at the mains for a bit. OPened the powder door and shut it. Held select button down for 3 secs like the manual says, checked the inlet pipe is not kinked and the filters, outlets pipe and so on are clear.

I've tried alsorts of button pressing and resetting but it keeps stopping (although lights on still) after about 30-60secs. There are only 2 buttons so not much to go wrong.

Any advice gratefully received.

Should I have bought a Bosch? I hate the layout of this machine and its performance to date.

Sponsored Links
Is there a 12 digit number beginning 85 on the side of the door?
If there is, run it and when it beeps count the flashes from the start light and post the result here.

Having said that, it's only 2 months old you should be booking a service call. If you try repairing it yourself you can invalidate the warranty.

Only numbers on the door are product No starting 44.. or serial No starting 60.... No other numbers.

The on light is either on or off, and doesnt flash. The cycle type is on or off and doesnt flash, and the rinse aid and salt remain unlit. It bleeps at me 32 times but doesnt flash.

Dont worry, I am not touching this with anything except checking the pipes not kinked and the filter was empty.

Stack of washing to do and off on holiday, hoping for a quick and painless fix if you've anymore ideas.

Sorry, can't help you on this one as I can't find who actually manufacters it. Earlier Prima were Whirlpool, can't source this one. :(

Sponsored Links
thanks for your time. will ask the fitter who put in my kitchen for directions. he is coming back tomorrow on another job. failing that its back to the manufacturer.

cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back