Prima oven element replacement

SAY

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

The element in my lower oven is damaged. (See attached)

I have ordered a replacement but I noticed the current broken element only has one wire connected to it? I don’t see any other wires and never heard or saw anything come off when taking off the old element

Will I be able to connect the new element with just the one wire as I think this is how it was before?

Ps tried unscrewing the bottom oven and took the drawer off but it didn’t slide out so I’m thinking the whole top also will need taking out too but I’m not comfortable doing it

Attachments

• D2685092-ABF2-48D8-AB65-318CC7CAB9ED.jpeg
    D2685092-ABF2-48D8-AB65-318CC7CAB9ED.jpeg
    253.7 KB · Views: 113
Sponsored Links
You'll have to work at the back of the oven and take the back off.

You'll find the other wire then !!!

Any chance the oven was connected with just one wire?

Sponsored Links
Any chance the oven was connected with just one wire?

Absolutely not a chance. One wire/connection has fallen off, which might explain why it is not working. Possibly the terminal has over heated, damaging the lug on the end of the cable. So it may need a new lug fitting, which will need a crimper. The element, might or might not be OK.

Fitting a new element, where the cable lugs are in poor / loose condition, will wreck the new element.

To access the above, the oven will need to be pulled out and the back tin plate cover removed.

Thanks for the advice

Ps if you look at the picture attached to my first post the element is actually burnt out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back