PRIMATIC CYLINDER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
CAN I RE-SITE THE PRIMATIC CYLINDER FROM THE BATHROOM TO THE LOFT, SITING THE WATER FEED CISTERN ABOVE IT.
IF SO,HOW DO I GO ON WITH DRAINING AND REFILLING IT (WORRIED ABOUT AIR LOCKS ETC).
ALSO IT IS QUITE A SMALL SIZE (69 LITRE),
IT JUST FILLS A MEDIUM DEPTH BATH...CAN I REPLACE IT WITH A LARGER ONE !
LAST BUT NOT LEAST - HOW DOES A PRIMATIC WORK ? NO ONE I ASK SEEMS TO KNOW...

Sponsored Links
I may be completely wrong, and I apologise if I am, but my understanding is that primatic cylinders no longer comply with the requirements of the building regs because gravity systems no longer comply.

This means that if you move the cylinder, it should be replaced by a fully pumped system.

Any views from plumbers/heating engineers would be welcome.

Get shot of it....you will wish you had after you've tried refilling it. Basically an indirect cylinder where the heating and hot water are kept seperate by an airlock in the cylinder.

Sponsored Links
Fully pumped system should replace it ........right again oilman. (if complying with building regs)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back