Primera radio memory problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After replacing the battery on my Primera P11E, whenever put the radio on it forgets the last station it was on. Sometimes it will even play a CD. It forgets the place it was at when it was last on.
I hope that's not too confusing.
Anybody got any ideas?

Sponsored Links
You should have two live feeds to the unit,one that is a permanent 12v supply and a 12v supply when you turn the ignition key. Sounds like you have lost the permanent feed (it retains the memory in the unit). Look for a disconnected wire near the battery, since thats where your trouble began.

;)

there will also probably be a small fuseholder like a piece of plastic tube, that carries a low current for the permanent live. It might have blown when you changed the battery. If you take the radio out and have a look behind you may be lucky and able to identify the supply wires.

Sometimes the workshop manual (available at Halfords or your local library) will show cable colours that still match what you have got.

It is also possible that the memory part oif the radio got deranged when you changed the car battery. Unless it has a reset button round the back, you could try disconnecring all wires from it (hopefully there will be a multi-way plug round the back) for a few minutes to reset.

Do you know what brand the radio is?

Sponsored Links
The radio remembers all the tuned stations, it's just that it forgets which one it was last tuned to. For instance, if I'm listening to say radio2 and I nip into a shop, when I get back in the car and switch on it might start up on radio1 or put a CD on.
The radio is the standard Nissan equipment.

Back