Printer Con

He said the printer would need a new printhead and to be sent away to Canon who are now the only ones who can reset the printer and clear down the B200 error code.

Just wrong....

This would cost shed-loads to do.

Sponsored Links
Hmmm. I have been looking at the Brother DCP L 3510.

Brother are adamant that their cartridges have a shelf life of 2 years unopened and only 6 months once opened.

The ink shop geezer is putting me off a laser MFC or DCP as I don't do enough "mileage". Also, he says the "cheap" remanufactered carts will clog up the system. He reckons I need quality "polymer" toner carts.

Which are recommending this: no carts but refillable tanks: somwhere between bog-standard inkjet and CISS??
https://www.printerbase.co.uk/canon...MIpozh14qh4wIVyLHtCh3FagDfEAAYASAAEgL_FPD_BwE

Comments please!
Had nothing but trouble with brother printer , would not buy again .

I'm on my second brother printer and only replaced the first because I wanted a laser printer. The DCP-9015CDW has had quite a few cheap replacement toner cartridges without any problems.

The ink shop geezer is putting me off a laser MFC or DCP as I don't do enough "mileage".

I don't understand that.

looking at the laser printer next to me, I see I bought it in November 2009.

It's had one new drum assembly in that time (recently). The drums are rated at 25,000 pages. I think the soft plastic wiping blades lost their flexibity through age and the drum assembly contains most of the working parts. It's an OKI which is a baby version of their office printers, rather than one designed to be cheap for home use.

It is a print-only, black only, printer, so less complicated than some. For a local club, I got a couple of HP lasers about 4 years ago. Light use and still going fine. I selected them because the offices I've worked in mostly use HP lasers and they seem pretty reliable.

Sponsored Links
Can no longer see the products, my membership has lapsed.

They say three don't buys, but they seem to list only 2.

The two colour laser AIO's they list in the latest mag I have (Jan 19) are:

HP MFP M281fdw: £240 and 74%
HP MFP M181fw: £230 and 72%

the recommendations on that page are (only 3 now)
it might be an old page

Samsung Xpress C430W 76% £99.99
not mulrifunction
"As you'd expect from a laser printer, this Samsung colour laser printer turns out good, quick text pages. It excels at producing office graphics and images, too. It's easy to set-up and use, and has wi-fi connectivity for printing from a range of devices."

Samsung Xpress C480FW 74% £190.00
"This all-in-one colour laser printer is both AirPrint and Google CloudPrint compatible, so you've got plenty of options for wireless printing. Text prints look sharp and are relatively quick to turn out. If you often print spreadsheets and charts, you won't be disappointed, either.

HP Colour Laserjet Pro M452NW 72% £180.99
not multifunction
"Although you don't get scan and copy functionality, this standard laster printer would work well in a small home office. It has wi-fi and ethernet connectivity, so it's easy to print from multiple devices wirelessly or over your home network.

Last edited:
I found another page
"Top five best all-in-one printers for 2019" which might be the one you've got
they all look like inkjets

Canon Pixma MG3650 71% £29.99 View all retailers Reviewed Feb 2016

Canon Pixma MX475 71% £40.00 Reviewed May 2014

Canon Pixma G3500 71% £220.00 Reviewed May 2017

Epson Workforce WF-7710DWF 70% £143.66 View all retailers Reviewed Apr 2018

Sponsored Links
Back