Printer Ink on Carpet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Folks, I just spilled a whole lot of Majenta ink on my light cream color carpet. I took my wife\\\'s nail polish remover and poured it over the carpet stain in a spray. Then I used lots of paper napkins to dab over the stains. The stain started to come out visibly onto the napkins. I did this process 4 to 5 times and I can hardly see the stain now on my carpet. I ended up finishin up the whole bottle of nail polish remover in the process, but it was worth it. I also washed the stain with shaving cream in the end for a final wash.

Sponsored Links
This really works. I just dropped a printer cartridge on my brand new tan carpet. It splattered black ink all over a 1 square foot area. I used Cutex Nail Polish Remover and IT WORKED GREAT

Not all printer ink cartridges are water soluble. I could not, in my case get stains out with water and a detergent.

Sponsored Links
Thank you so much, naveenkg,

you saved our bacon! : we just moved into totally refurbished house, brandnew carpets, etc... have been unpacking our printer... and only just noticed it has leaked black ink! There was a very black stain on our carpet!
Luckily, I happened to have some nailvarnish remover handy... we followed your advice...and it really worked! thank you very very much!!!!!!
we thought we'd lost our deposit there and then, having only moved in this week!

Thank you so much for this advice!

We just had a very expensive deep pile carpet fitted in our house 3 days ago and I have just spilt black printer ink right in the centre of our lounge. I was absolutely terrified it wouldn't come out, but I followed your tip and it worked perfectly!

Thanks for such a great tip! :D

Wow! Cool, thanks for the tip for using nail polish remover to get printer ink out of carpet. I wish I would have read this post a few months ago. I spilled just a few drops of ink on my carpet and spent hours with a brush and carpet cleaner trying to get it out. It helped but didn't get it all the way out.

Thank you so much!!! About half an hour ago I looked down to see yellow ink pouring from an ink cartridge onto our cream carpet, I panicked and poured soap and water on it and rubbed it in which of course just made it worse, that was the point I turned to Google then and followed your advice, can't see stain at all, hopefully that will still be the case in the morning light :) [/quote]

Always worth remembering that this is covered by most insurances if the stains can't be removed.

Grateful to the OP for this solution! I have to admit, I was fearful to try nail polish remover on the old blue printer ink stain on my tan carpet! I used a SOY POLISH REMOVER and it worked as well!
The ingredients are:
Propylene carbonate, Isopropyl alcohol, C12-18 Fatty Acids Methyl Esthers; also water, parfum(perfume), and colours D&C yellow No.11 and D&C green No. 6.(even though the remover is clear in colour).
[/img] View media item 67920
GALLERY]
View media item 67922
GALLERY]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back