printer probs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I bought a Lexmark x1180 (all in one) recently, to replace my Epson stylus 600 and scanner, I couldn`t get it installed with the disc that came with it, so I took it to a local computer shop where they installed it for me, but now the computer has started telling me it is having problems communicating with the printer, I have changed the leads, but no luck, I am running Windows XP, and have tied to install the printer again through control panel, still no luck, I downloaded installation from Lexmark, this will not let me complete the installation, because it said the printer is not connected.

Any help appreciated.

I have got out the Epsom to use, and have found the heads blocked, I have used a full ink cartridge trying to clear it, any suggestions on cleaning the head?.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I bought a Lexmark x1180 (all in one) recently, to replace my Epson stylus 600 and scanner
you swapped a BMW for a Lada !

One point before taking it back, when you install the drivers, unplug, then re-plug the usb cable. Why are you trying to install it through control panel? just run the downloaded installer or indeed the cd that came with it.
regarding head cleaning, remove cartridge, cotton but with meths on and give it a good wipeout, I have heard good about cleaning cartridges you can buy but havnt tried one, the cotton bud/meths method has always worked for me.

egg plant u should try a head cleaning cartridge they are the best thing since sliced bread . i have epson stylus photo 830, had years of blocked printer heads using up ink on cleaning cycles that dont work . i tryed meths no luck had total block on black . i put a head cleaner cartridge in cleaned it like new after a few cycles and hasnt been a problem since. i got one made by pressit . printer is like new now

Sponsored Links
I may do sometime, I rarely use an inkjet now, I have a colour and a mono laser, the only thing I use my inkjet for is printing cd's (Epson R300) probably gets used twice a week for a few cd's, hasnt dried up yet! Next time I get a customer with a blokced one I might get one in and have a go with it.

Back