Prior Notification Large Extension - Multiple Applications

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My neighbour submitted planning application for a 6 metre extension and I had two questions:

1) Can the extension be full width of the plot of land or does it need to be full width of the house only. I thought it was full width of the plot but the council have said it is only the house otherwise you get side wall extension issues and they will refuse it. I am thinking of copying them if they get permission

2) If two applications are submitted for different sizes and I only object to one will the other go through by default - In this case neighbour submitted a 5M extension and an 6M extension and I objected to just 5M. Should I have also objected to the 6M or was it obvious that the objection is to both! I think 4M is enough of an extension otherwise it just gets silly and I have told them this before that I will object to anything more then 4M!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Nothing to stop you objecting to the 6m one as well, but just because you object, it doesn't mean that the council will listen to you.

Nothing to stop you objecting to the 6m one as well, but just because you object, it doesn't mean that the council will listen to you.

What am I asking is whether you need to object to ALL applications or not? The 21 day window finished yesterday for replying but I am going to call the counil

It would not suprise me if the 6M application goes through because I did not object to that one as well !

All applications are distinct and you need to object each individual one that you object to.

Sponsored Links
Well, as you've gone past the deadline, all you can do now, is wait for the outcome.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back