Private Higher Education College goes bust

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
https://www.theguardian.com/educati...er-education-college-goes-into-administration

One of the biggest private providers of higher education in England has gone into administration, leaving students stranded on unfinished courses and looking for alternative places to study.

“UCU has repeatedly highlighted concerns about the marketisation of education and the rapid increase in poorly regulated private providers,” said its acting general secretary, Paul Cottrell.

“We hope that the government finally takes note and looks again at the funding a free-for-all among private providers who enjoy a competitive advantage in being under-regulated, but will always put profit before education.”

Another stupid idea in free markets in Education. It won't stop more idiotic policies or people voting for these policies because they think the free market has all the answers.

There are many areas where the free market is appropriate but not in health and education yet still they persist with bad idea after bad idea.

Sponsored Links
Students have to pay tuition fees whilst the principals of these places are on £400k

Mind you heads if councils can get £300k

Its all gone a bit Trump.

Sponsored Links
My old 6th Form, Haywards Heath went bust a few years back. Too much debt and not enough students. Bad management I guess?

You can say that again.

I have just been watching some of his recent babblings.

Why don't the interviewers challenge him more when he says untrue absolute nonsense?
Probably because it's like talking to some people on here and Trump would just go on a tangent, or insist he never said it in the first place!

Back