problem after adding a strip light

adm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone any ideas why the following has happened,
today i have been fitting a strip light in the loft which works fine as do all the other lights in the house, but the problem is , is that my intruder alarm is not ommitting any sound from the internal control panel apart from a very very quiet one which you can hardly hear.
I know the alarm is wired into the same mcb as the upstairs lighting as when the mcb is switched off so is the alarm, so is it something i have done or is it just the surge of the light when being switched on blowing the fuse in the panel ?

Sponsored Links
how long did the job take?

it may be that the batteries are flat in the alarm panel..

it may also be that you've somehow managed to connect the alarm panel back in series with the light... thus halving the voltage to it..

Thanks for your reply, the job did take quite a while so it could be the battery as it is an old omnicron 7000 one and i think the battery could be on its way out, i dont really under stand when you say i may have connected the alarm in series with the light as i took the strip light off a. lighting circuit cable in the loft and the alarm cable just goes staight from the panel to the mcb via an fcu

Generaly, you need to replace the battery in your intruder alarm ever 5 years, when was the last time you replaced yours?

Sponsored Links
What is the statement about the fuse carrier all about ???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back