Alarm - Strobe Light - HELP PLEASE

is there not a LED on the panle to indicate if its armed or not?

Sponsored Links
You may have to call out an engineer to do this for you, as the panel's engineering menus are likely to be locked with an engineer pass code which is different to the one used to unset and set the system. I don't have the manual for that particular panel, but the closest one I have (the TS 690) indicates that the panel has programmable outputs that can be programmed to activate when the system is set. You could use this output to switch a bright flashing LED above his bedroom door, or on the side of the door frame near the handle to remind him that the alarm is active. Also, you could programme the alarm with a bell delay. This means that when any sensor is triggered, only the internal sounders activate, giving him a chance to disarm the system before the external sounder goes off an wakes up anybody. Like I said, you're going to need the engineer code to do any of this, so you might have to call out the company that installed the system.

andrew2022 said:
is there not a LED on the panle to indicate if its armed or not?

if there was, why would Johnsmith be asking?

I have to agree with alarm_guy, the TS 590 is based upon the TS 690 and would appear to have programable out puts (the standard TS rkp does)

with out the engineer code there is not a lot you can do, if you do have the engineer code you still need the engineers manual, i think in this case you best call an alarm company to do it for you ( i assume the origonal company / person no longer exists?)

I think most of us were thinking you had "some old tin pot panel"

The TS590 is a very recent panel. It has been designed for the domestic market in replace of the TS690, although is identical apart from software reductions.

It does have programmable outputs, and these can be programmed to operate during the entry tone or when the system is set/part set.

As this panel seems a new installation, I would recommend getting an alarm company in to make the changes for you. I would also recommend to take out a service contract on the alarm.

Sponsored Links
i agree it is a useful site, but he still needs an alarm company (or the engineers code and a proramming manual)

Thanks for your useful advice, folks.

For the records: alas, no flashing led or similar on panel to indicate alarm is set.

I do have the engineer's code as i asked him to let me have it when he was fiting the alarm and he left me the operating manual (though it may as well be in arabic, for all the sense i can make of it).

by the sounds of things, i'm going to have to call an expert. out of interest, how much should i get charged, do you think? Should I also point out that he can wire an output (as you say) to power the LED?

Cheers, J

its the engineers manual you want, not the operating manual, the operating manual is for the use which i guess is your neighbour)

If it uses a standard Menvier rkp (it appears that it does) there is a small led on it which can be programmed to come on when set, but it is not bright, the rkp should also have a programable output which can run a super bright led (if your neighbour can not see the rkp LED)

as for cost why not call the person who fitted it, its only a bit of programming

If you cant get him / he doesnt want to check your yellow pages and call all the alrm companies, tell them you have a menvier ts 590 and what you want aand see what they will charge you, not all alrm compnies can programme the TS, each alarm co has its favorite panel

If you are struggling to understand the engineers manual, then I wouldn't attempt the programming or wiring.

It is a quick job for the Alarm Company.

I can't be sure what manual he has - Menvier kit comes with a 'Installation & Programming Manual' and a 'User Manual' and a 'Operating Guide'.

The Operating Guide is only a small cardboard guide showing how to set/unset/reset the system.

okay thanks again for useful advice. will call around alarm companies. if you're interested will let you know what they say. cheers once again. J :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back