Accenta Alarm flashing strobe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just had some electrical work done, which involved cutting the power. This of course set the alarm going. I've used the standard code to cancel the siren but the blue strobe light is still going. They keypad is glowing green suggesting it's got power but the indicator lights are all dark. I've tried using the engineer code to reset a strobe test but this hasn't worked. Does anyone have any ideas how I cancel the flashing light. I've never used the alarm so I'm not bothered if the solution involves a permanent disable! Thanks.

Sponsored Links
The very first thing is to replace the faulty battery in the control panel.

Did you press the Reset button after you put in the code? When the alarm is activated, putting in the code will stop the sounder, but leave the strobe running. Pressing the Reset button will switch off the strobe, assuming the panel does not have a fault. Europlex also makes a valid point.

I've taken the key pad off the wall and there's no sign of a battery. The LEDs are on but none of the indicator lights are on eg power etc. if the keypad is not working do I need to get up a ladder and take the cover if the siren and manually disconnect the siren and strobe from the battery?

Sponsored Links
What about the battery in the control panel?

The keypad is NOT the control panel.

Thanks for your advice. In the end I opened the control box and pulled the wires to the strobe.

Replaced the battery yet?

That is going to be the problem you have, nothing else, that is, other than pulling wires from a perfectly good alarm panel that just has a duff battery.

I've just had some electrical work done, which involved cutting the power. This of course set the alarm going.
Doing that should NOT set the alarm going, you have a faulty/old battery.

No more, no less.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back