Problem fitting concealed WC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just about got to the end of my tether with this one, so any help would be much appreciated. I'm trying to fit a Kohler Reach compact concealed WC. The drain is a pot one in a concrete floor. I can connect a connector to the WC. I can connect a connector to the drain by working it in gradually when the WC isn't in the way. But I can't connect both of them. I've now tried 4 different connectors but none of them solve the problem that I can't get enough access to be able to connect to the drain when the connector's fitted to the WC. I've tried McAlpine WC-CON8, WC-CON8E & WC-CON8F18 so far! I think I need a new approach, but I've run out of ideas. Help please!

Sponsored Links
isnt plumbing fun..!

Thats why I spent two years at college doing it.

Have you tried a flexible pan connector?

Yes, that was the WC-CON8F18 I've been wrestling with all morning. I spent ages fiddling about trying to squash it into the drain but getting nowhere, then the connector itself fell apart. Why McAlpine don't glue them up properly beats me. But as I say I wasn't managing to get it into the drain anyway. I've only got about 3 inches to play with between floor & WC base.

Sponsored Links
If the flexi isnt long enough you could try using a straight pan connector into the flexi connector, this will provide you a few extra inches and prevent you pulling the whole lot out of the soil pipe. its a bit tricky and a real fiddle, once you have done it...your never want to fit a back to the wall pan again.

enjoy. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back