wall hung wc leaks

Sponsored Links
after two weekends trying to fit this wall hung wc and frame and trying several different rigid and flexible connectors, it was still leaking.

My conclusion was that the pan spigot was too short and also vertically out of line with the waste outlet on the frame (which is not adjustable).

I sent my findings to the supplier and the technical guys tried to set one up in the warehouse. Thankfully they agreed with my findings and advised me that the wc did not match the manufacturers technical drawings.

They offered to replace it with a more expensive model at no charge. When it arrived, I fitted it in minutes with no problems and the good news is there is no leakage.

Success at last.

I'm pleased that you've resolved it - it always pays to be persistent.

Thanks for letting us know the outcome - I suspect that it'll help everyone to know what the problem was and how it was solved.

Sponsored Links
If anyone else is contemplating fitting a wall-hung WC, be warned by this guy's experience!

My advice is:
- use a 'subframe' system, so that there's a STRONG frame supporting the WC. With someone sitting (in effect) on the front edge of the pan, the forces trying to pull the thing out of the wall and downwards are powerful.

- SOME of the subframe systems are wrapped around the cistern to such an extent that plumbing in the supply is tricky. Look at the tech drawing BEFORE you buy it and work out how you're going to get the thing connected to the water supply.

- some of the 'flush buttons' on these are really naff but you HAVE to use them because of the design.

And anyway: what's wrong with a back-to-wall pan sitting on the floor?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back