Water leaking past my WC spigot!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I am having a real nightmare with a WC that I am fitting at the moment, in fact I have just taken it out again for the third time and am slightly miffed to say the least. The WC is one of those 'designer' ones where all the connections are concealed within the body of the WC, the outflow from the pan is horizontal from the back and I have a 'space saver' P connector fitted the back which drops into a hole in the floor of the bathroom (concrete ground floor). The Pan is a real git to fit as it has to be assembled and lowered into position from above complete with cistern (if you can imagine what I mean) :cry: However when I get the WC fitted and secured all appears to be ok, even after several flushes, however after returning later there is a little water leaking from what appears to be where the spigot attaches to the connector. Close examination of the WC spigot shows it is quite rough and has slight gouges in it, this will not be helping the seal I am sure. Has anybody more experienced than me come across this problem in the past and if so what did you do to overcome the problem? Alternatively if the external bore of the spigot is not smooth should I be recommending that that WC pan is returned for a replacement?

Many thanks,

Mark

Sponsored Links
as you say send it back.
useally they seal first time if they don't i try them a few times maybe with another waste connector if not it gos back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back