Spigot Leak.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just fitted my new WC and put a 14 degree spigot connector on it and joined up to the cast iron soil, angle looked about right but not spot on

i have a slight drip from the spigot, all instuctions have been followed.

can i put some sealant on the spigot to assist and if so whats best.

thanx

Sponsored Links
Best to identify source of leak. Is it the WC connector spigot to cast iron pipe? If so you probably need to clean (wire brush) the inside of the cast iron to allow a better seal to be made. Extra sealant should not be necessary and simply disguises a more fundamental fault.

If it's the pan spigot, don't use anything, just clean it really well. Silicone spray lubricant is all you might need. Anything else & it'll leak. "Multiqwick" are the worst at that end, other makes are hopeless at the other

Thanx for the advise

It is the pan spigot thats has a very slight drip, and it is a 14 degree multikwik connector. any advise on a better make?

Sponsored Links
The Polypipe ones seem to be better at the pan end, but the finned rubber male bit can be hard to get to go into the cast iron soil pipe. A piece of half round gutter to shove it with, helps!
They're ugly black at the pan end too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back