A few questions about a WC 81mm spigot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Found a WC that we want - it is manufactured with a 81mm spigot.

The WC is made by Heritage a large English pottery company, so toilet is not from China etc.

The measurement from floor to middle of spigot is 210mm (which is idea because the original soil pipe is at least that high).

Another poster said I can get a MultiQuick connector for undersized spigots, which is handy but I have a few questions;

1) What would be the reason to fit an 81mm spigot?

2) Is there a chance of more blockages - i.e. smaller bore?

3) Is it 81mm because the spigot is 210mm from floor to centre?

4) I have been searching for days for the right WC - looked at loads
of technical drawings - not one said 81mm spigot - I'm concerned
I'll buy and fit it, only to discover a problem.

Thanks for you help.

Stephen

Sponsored Links
No need to duplicate the post - just add to the last one

Different sized spigot possibly for export market. Presumably exists because there's still a reasonable size market for it. Can't see why a reputable manufacturer would produce something unlikely to work - smaller bore but there will be a greater back pressure so not more likely to block.

Sponsored Links
I suppose the name 'Heritage' may give a clue to the origins of the design, although a larger outlet has been pretty much a standard for about 100 years.

Maybe it's the designer's answer to producing a pan that will flush efficiently with the present standard 6 litre flush instead of the old 9 litre cistern - many designs have been found wanting in that respect.

:)

I've just got off the phone to the Heritage tech department, when I asked about the 81mm spigot - he said NO all should be 4 inches.

Turns out the tech drawing/marketing made a mistake.

Thanks to all that tried.

Just for interest - much of the rest of the world including USA uses 3 inch or approx 80mm outlets and soil pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back