WC Pan Connector - unglazed spigot

Ohm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Ideal Standard Concept Back to the Wall WC that I am fitting myself.

I notice the Pan spigot is unglazed. Can the conventional/standard push on pan connector be used? I'm worried if it would provide an adequate seal. Is it normal/better in these circumstances to use the connector type which has a jubilee clip that is tightened around the spigot as advertised by McAlpine, as per below:

Put it another way, I'm not sure why the McAlpine connector above is specifically noted for use in Back to Wall WC and not all standard types.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
That's the one to use cuz the others are a b'stard to fit and come off when you can't see them:notworthy:

The jubilee clip type is useful when you have a tapered spigot (whoever designed those needs to be strung up by the ********). An unglazed spigot should stop the connector popping off. try to push it on without using any lubrication if possible but you can lube the other end. Whatever you do, it will be a pig to connect because they all are. Test by sliding a piece of thin card under the loo before fixing then flushing.

Good luck. Some of my least finest moments have been when connecting a back to wall toilet.

Thanks Nige F and Squeaky for the tips/advice.

I'll be having a go at this at the weekend and I'll come back with an update. Hopefully the plumbing DIY God's will be kind to me!

Sponsored Links
Thanks Nige F and Squeaky for the tips/advice.

I'll be having a go at this at the weekend and I'll come back with an update. Hopefully the plumbing DIY God's will be kind to me!
If you have big hairy biker arms - forget it. :LOL:

HI,

Jut to say I used the connector with the jubilee clip at the top of this thread. - all went well. No leaks so far!

Thanks again for the advice/tips.

Graham

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back